At Southwest Middlesex Health Centre we offer our staff and physicians a great family oriented work life balance. We offer our staff competitive wages, a full benefit package, a registered pension plan and annual professional development opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Pharmacist.
(17 hrs. per week)
Here at Southwest Middlesex Health Centre (SMHC), our employees enjoy meaningful work experiences every day, while at the same time enriching the lives of the people we care for. Jobs don’t get any better than that!
SMHC is a non-profit, charitable, community-governed organization providing comprehensive primary care as a rural-medicine teaching clinic with 5 physicians and a roster of residents. For over 40 years we have been providing exceptional-quality health care with our experienced, reliable, skilled and compassionate employees. SMHC owns and operates a pharmacy under the Guardian banner.
We are currently seeking a permanent part-time job share Pharmacist to join our team. SMHC offers a stimulating work environment along with competitive compensation and excellent employee benefits.
- Provide professional functions related to dispensing including pharmaceutical care, patient counseling, liaising with other healthcare professionals and documenting interventions and dialogue
- Dispenses medications in accordance with the standards set by the Ontario College of Pharmacists and standards of Accreditation Canada as well as Health Canada by reviewing and interpreting doctor’s orders
- Dispensing of prescriptions, including computer entry, triage of new orders, collation of data and clinical reviews as well as ensuring accuracy of prescriptions dispensed
- Identifies and discusses management of possible side effects and potential drug interactions of medications
- Confirms patients understanding of the medication
- Assess patient to determine if self- medication is indicated
- Reviews and extends prescriptions refills when considered appropriate
- Conducts medication reviews and health management consultations
- Supports health centre teaching requirements by accepting pharmacist students Identifies, resolves and prevents medication related issues/risks
- Updates patients profile in PharmaClik software system as required
- Maintains a safe, clean and efficient work environment by complying with SMHC policies and procedures, Health & Safety regulations, the Ontario College of Pharmacists regulations, Health Canada and the Narcotics and Controlled Drug Act regulations.
- Responsible for direct clinical supervision of pharmacy technicians/assistants
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Perform other related duties as required
- Licensed and in good standing with Ontario College of Pharmacists with the expectations of adherence to the Standard of Practice including maintaining professional education requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ pharmacist experience
- Current CPR, First Aid and Injection certification
- Current WHMIS and Health & Safety training an asset
- Good computer skills with proficiency in PharmaClik and Microsoft Office software an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, other health care professionals and the community
- Pharmacy manager experience an asset
- This is a job share position (to fill in for other pharmacist for various reasons including vacation and illness)
- Standard week 17 hours over 2 days. Specific days to be determined. No evenings or weekends.
- Salary $48 to $50 per hour based on experience
- A full benefit package (fully paid EHC, dental, life insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation)
- A registered pension plan after one year (4% of wages paid by the Centre)
- Payment of 50% of annual OCP and OPA professional dues (excluding liability insurance)
- Annual professional development opportunities (paid time off and financial contribution)
Interested candidates should apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org providing a resume and cover letter, by April 16th,which briefly discusses your experience and its applicability to the position.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
For further information please visit our website at www.smhc.net